Filling in the Pack
This page has been designed to be a guide for the forms you will receive from us, and what you need to do with them. We have listed some helpful information for you to consider, along with some Frequently Asked Questions regarding the documents you will receive.
You took the first step in making your own complaint when you called us. The next simple stage is to complete the forms necessary to make your complaint so we can begin the process of recovering any money you may rightly be owed.
Getting started is as simple as 1-2-3:
- Read, sign and date the documentation in the pack you receive
- Add any documents you think may be useful in making your claim
- Post it all back to us in the reply paid envelope
Congratulations! Once your pack is received by us we contact your lender to start your PPI claim process and then keep you regularly updated on progress.
Remember, Gladstone Brookes has already recovered more than £860m± for its clients and our customers rate our service at 4.6 out of 5* stars on Feefo .
Important things to remember when filling in your documents:
- Have you noticed any information which needs correcting or adding, including your name, a joint claimant, any dates, addresses or the product you took out with the lender? You may make amendments as long as you countersign any amendments you make. This is very important; if any amendments are made and not countersigned, many lenders will reject the form as being invalid and this would delay your case. Please also call us on 01925 234070 so we can update your details on our system. If you have been sent 2 separate Forms of Authority for a lender; one for the first account holder, the other form for the second account holder, it is important that these are signed separately. In cases like this, the lender would be one which does not accept jointly signed forms for joint accounts. This is mainly for Barclays and any related lenders included in the Barclays group.
- You must clearly sign and date the forms. The date you write must be the date you are signing the form. If this is either left blank, is dated incorrectly (for example the wrong year, or a date which is over 6 months ago) or you write your date of birth here, this will cause your form to be invalid, therefore delaying your case. If you receive a form just in your name, and realise the account was in fact a joint account, please call us on 01925 234070 so we can update this on your case and re-issue a corrected form to you for both account holders to sign.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on questions to reveal answers…
What is the form of authority?
The form of authority is your permission for us to contact your lender on your behalf. It also contains our Terms & Conditions.
A separate form is required for each case we are dealing with, and we will send you the relevant amount of forms we require.
Once you have read over them, you just need to sign, date and return the forms to us.
What is the Questionnaire and Section F?
When your case has been through the initial Pre-submission process, and we have spoken with you to set up your claims, the information we gather from you is used to fill in your complaint questionnaire. It is used to support your claim so it’s important to make sure all the details are correct. If anything is incorrect please call us to let us know, so we can make any necessary amendments.
Once you’re sure everything is correct, please sign and date Section F ready to return to us in the pre-paid envelope provided. Section F confirms you are happy with all of the details outlined in the questionnaire.
What happens if it’s a joint account?
If it’s a joint case it’s important that both partners sign and date all the documentation or the case cannot proceed. Both parties must give their permission before the lender will undertake an investigation.
Most lenders will accept one form of authority signed by both account holders. However, if your case is for a joint account with the Barclays group, we will have sent you two forms which will need to be signed separately by each claimant.
What is the Schedule of Claims?
After your lenders have confirmed any accounts where PPI was or may have been present, we will have spoken with you to set these claims up for you. The Schedule of Claims we send with your claims pack simply lists the lenders, products and account numbers we have set up claims for. If you notice anything missing or remember any additional lenders you would also like us to investigate for you, please speak with one of our friendly advisors who would be happy to discuss this with you.
Do I need to supply documentary evidence?
When we have set up any PPI claims for you, you will receive claim forms to sign and return. When returning these to us, if you have any evidence of having paid PPI, if you send a photocopy of this to us, this may help us in our investigations. This documentary evidence is not essential and the lender will still investigate if you don’t send any, but depending on the lender’s response, it is possible that it may be asked for at some point.
NB Please send copies of all documents to ensure originals don’t get lost in the post.
Why have you sent duplicate forms?
Duplicate forms are required if you have multiple claims as each claim needs to be handled separately because the lender wants details of the actual sale so we have to complete documents for every policy that you hold.
Which documents do I sign and which do I keep?
You need to sign and return any Forms of Authority we send to you. When we send your any PPI Questionnaires with the Section F forms, you only need to sign and return the Section F forms; the PPI questionnaires are for you to keep.
Can you get account numbers for me?
This is one of the aims of the initial Pre-submission process – we contact your lenders with the aim of confirming which accounts you have had PPI on. In some cases, often when the lender’s systems do not go back far enough, they may ask for account numbers to help them search for your records. If this happens, we can advise you of the options by which this can be obtained.
Once you have read, signed and dated all of the forms we have sent to you, please return the signed forms only in the pre-paid envelope we provided with the pack. When we receive the completed forms, we will proceed with your claim, keeping you updated along the way!