Returning the Pack

This section deals with problems which might cause a delay in processing your claim and the methods we use to contact you if we need further information before we can send your complaint off to your lender.

Once your pack is received by Gladstone Brookes our first job is to check that all the information we need has been included. All of the documents we have sent to you are necessary for the claim to proceed and if you have returned the pack with some documents missing or not signed in the correct place your claim will have to be placed on hold until we can obtain the right information.

Please remember – if it is a joint claim then both parties will have to sign all of the documents before they are returned in the reply paid envelope. Sometimes this may differ for your lender, but we will advise you of any different requirements, if this is the case.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do you need additional information?

Any additional documents you have to support your claim will help the process, particularly if you have a document which shows you were definitely paying PPI on the agreement.

If you have moved house since you took out the agreement please supply your old address so your lender can trace the account. If you have changed your name by marriage or deed poll please include evidence of your former name.

What happens if I can’t find my account number?

Gladstone Brookes has special agreements with a number of financial institutions who provide a ‘Pre-Submission’ service; aiming to identify PPI attached to clients agreements, before a claim is submitted. This process also aims to provide any account numbers necessary to make the claim. Speak to one of our helpful advisers on 01925 568 13908000 461 826 who will be able to advise you which of your lenders offer this process.

What if my bank or lender does not have a Pre-submission process?

Some of the lenders we take on do not have a Pre-submission process. For these lenders, we would request a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) from them. This report should contain all of the information your lender holds on file for you, which should confirm whether or not you have had PPI with them. This is also a way of identifying whether you have had any additional products with them which may also have had PPI. All of the lenders on this list, we can either approach via their Pre-submission or request a DSAR.

What happens when you make the claim?

Once we are in receipt of all the information it is important that we review your complaint before we draft a formal letter of complaint (LOC) to them. This LOC is the first notification the lender has that a complaint is being made against them so it’s important that we get it right. You will be notified when this is done.

The lender can’t trace my account, but I gave you the details at the start.

The lender is saying that they cannot find any PPI attached to the account number you have provided. For example, some clients supply us with current account numbers, but current accounts do not have PPI attached. The number the lender needs is the number of the credit agreement that you signed to obtain your loan, mortgage or credit card.

Can you get account numbers for me?

We can try to assist you, but the best way is for you to check any documents you hold – bank accounts, statements, on-line banking etc – or simply call the lender and ask them for the number. You have a right to the information. Click here for a list of Bank & Lender Contact Numbers.