Mis-sold PPI on mortgages
Mortgage payment protection insurance (MPPI) has been sold alongside mortgages for more than a decade. Borrowers paid for an insurance policy to make sure their mortgage payments would be covered until they got back on their feet if they were unable to work.
Unfortunately, thousands of these policies were mis-sold in the same way PPI was mis-sold on loans and credit cards. Costly MPPI policies were sold in large numbers by sales staff, and the full implications and exclusions of a policy were often not explained to prospective borrowers.
This happened in a variety of different ways:
- If the sales person did not give you a full breakdown of the cost of the policy separately from the mortgage advance then they broke the rules.
- If MPPI was sold to you when you were a student, retired or unemployed – you may never have been able to claim on the policy.
- Were you made aware that it was an optional product and not compulsory? If you were told taking PPI would increase your chances of getting the finance, then the product may have been mis-sold to you.
- Borrowers were often pressurised into feeling they had to take out a policy to ensure they would be accepted for the mortgage. If you were made to feel this way then you may have been mis-sold to.
- Were you eligible for full sick pay from your employer at the point of sale? If so, you shouldn’t need the policy because your payments should be covered by your sick pay.
- The lender should have checked if you already had alternative cover in place.
- When giving you PPI advice, did the lender discuss alternative policies with you? The same cover offered by a lender’s MPPI policy can often be found cheaper elsewhere.
- Policies of this type often have exclusion clauses built into them which mean they won’t pay out in certain circumstances – like suffering from a pre-existing medical condition. You should have been warned about these exclusions at the point of sale.
Make your claim with Gladstone Brookes
Gladstone Brookes offer a Free PPI Check** to start your PPI process; this aims to identify any PPI you were sold by your lenders in the past. **Free check with our claims service. Check is lender specific.
If PPI was or may have been present, we will then proceed with the PPI Claim service, which aims to recover any PPI you may rightfully be owed by your lenders. We aim to recover any premiums you have paid, plus any interest on those premiums and where possible a further 8% in statutory interest.
Should we be successful in recovering any refunds for you through our PPI Claim service, our fees are 20% + VAT (so 24%° of the total redress offered by your lender). If we are not successful, there will be no charge.
Gladstone Brookes have conducted thousands of successful PPI claims, recovering more than £1 Billion for our clients so far (total refunds obtained through our claims service, amount is prior to fees and taxes).
If you think we can help you then please complete our PPI check form or call us now on 0800 862 0375 and one of our friendly, knowledgeable advisors will be happy to help you.
Why Choose Us?
Reclaimed for clients
Total refunds obtained through our claims service, amount is prior to fees and taxes.
Our success rate for PPI claims with clients currently stands at 91%, based on 30 months’ worth of data from July 2016 to December 2018. Success rate applies only on cases with PPI.
4.5 out of 5
Our customers rate our PPI Claim service at 4.5 out of 5 stars on Feefo, based on 4,819 reviews between July 2017 and June 2018.
8:30am – 8:00pm
8:30am – 8:00pm
8:30am – 8:00pm
8:30am – 5:00pm
9:00am – 3:00pm