Refer a Friend Scheme – Terms & Conditions
The “Referrer” relates to the person that is submitting their friend or family member’s details.
The “Referee” relates to the person that is being referred by “the Referrer” to Gladstone Brookes in relation to making a claim in relation to mis-sold PPI.
In order to qualify for Gladstone Brookes’ Refer a Friend Scheme, the following terms will apply:
- The Referrer must have had a claim with Gladstone Brookes. Referrer’s details will be checked against Gladstone Brookes’ records in order to be eligible for the referral scheme.
- The Referrer must have the permission of the person they are referring before submitting their details. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. For web referral the referee will provide their own details.
- Gladstone Brookes must not already have received details of the referee prior to the referral.
- The Referrer must not refer more than 5 individuals per annum.
- The referrer must be known on a personal level to the referred individuals. Gladstone Brookes reserves the right to seek confirmation of the same.
- The Referrer must not provide any other claims management service whilst participating in the scheme, nor may the referral of claims be the referrer’s main business.
- The Referrer or Referee must contact Gladstone Brookes to advise of their successful case, in order for Gladstone Brookes to process their payment.
- Payment will be made to the Referrer in the event of 1 or more of the Referee’s cases being successful and subsequent to the referrer’s settlement of our fees. Payment will be to the sum of £50 per referee.
- Eligibility for this offer is at Gladstone Brookes’ discretion and our decision is final.
- This promotion is not open to employees of Gladstone Brookes.
- This scheme is effective from 15/03/2017 and Gladstone Brookes reserves the right to terminate the scheme at any time.
- Failure to adhere to the terms & conditions of the scheme, will result in non-payment of referral fees and exclusion from “refer a friend scheme” and any future reward schemes offered by Gladstone Brookes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to wait for my friend to get their decision from FOS before I will be paid?
At this stage the case has not been settled, so yes. As per the Terms and conditions a payment will only be made upon 1 or more of the Referee’s cases being successful and subsequent to the referrer’s settlement of our fees.
When do I get paid?
As per the Terms and conditions a payment will only be made upon 1 or more of the Referee’s cases being successful and subsequent to the referrer’s settlement of our fees.
What method will Gladstone Brookes use to pay me the £50?
Any payments in regards to the refer a friend scheme are usually made via bank transfer.
Can I be paid using a different method?
A cheque can be arranged if this is preferred.
Do I have to wait for all the friends I have referred to have a successful case to be paid? Or will I be paid after each one?
No. Payment will be per client referral.
How quickly will I be paid after finding out a friend’s case was successful?
Payments are usually processed within 14-28 days of a case you have referred has been settled- providing that you advise us that a case you have referred has been successful.
My friend has had a successful case, how do I claim my £50?
Please contact us to advise that a claim you have referred has been successful. We will then make a note on our file and upon settlement of our fees; we will process your payment. This should be completed within 14-28 days. If this is not the case, however, please contact our office so that we can investigate this for you.
8. Will you notify me when my friend has had a successful case?
We ask that you contact us to advise us that you believe a case that you have referred has been successful. We will then check this for you and note our systems accordingly to ensure that, upon settlement of the matter, your payment is processed.