PPI on Loans
Have you taken out a loan in the last ten years?
If so it's possible you were sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) alongside it. PPI is intended to provide cover for your loan repayments should you lose your job and become unable to make them. However in many cases PPI was mis-sold and borrowers were left paying for an expensive policy they neither wanted nor needed!
How do I know if my PPI was mis-sold?
Millions of people around the UK were mis-sold PPI and many of them are not aware of it!
Even if you’re unsure whether the insurance was mis-sold but still feel something wasn’t right about the loan; it’s worth speaking to us.
We can help you find out if your policy was mis-sold – and help you to get your money back.
How is PPI mis-sold?
There are several ways in which PPI can be mis-sold.
- Were you led to believe the insurance was a compulsory part of the loan?
PPI is always an optional product. If you were told it was compulsory or it was implied that you didn't have a choice the policy was mis-sold.
- Did you feel pressured into taking it?
If you were pushed into taking out PPI it was mis-sold to you.
- Were the costs of the insurance not fully explained?
Your lender should have explained exactly how much the PPI would cost and how you would pay it. If it did not your policy was mis-sold.
- Were you told your employment status could affect your ability to claim on the policy?
If you were retired, unemployed, a student or self-employed when you took out PPI you would not have been eligible to make a claim. As such, it should never have been sold to you. Furthermore if your employer pays full sick pay you did not need PPI.
We can help you claim back what is rightfully yours. We've helped thousands of borrowers just like you to make a claim. In 2011 alone 44,600 instructed us to claim back their PPI and a massive 97% were happy with the outcome.
What if I don't know I have it?
Then you're not alone! Because of the extent of PPI mis-selling millions of people are not even aware they have it. However, it is easy to find out whether or not you do. PPI is an 'extra' of the loan and will most likely appear on your bank statements or original loan documents.
Start you claim today!
If you were mis-sold PPI your lender owed you money. It's only right that you should get it back and we can help you to do just that.
We’ve recovered a massive £330m for clients with the highest reclaim being over £90,000. Call us now on 08000 461 826 or fill in our online PPI claim form and get your PPI claim started sooner rather than later!
- "I found the service so easy and straight forward, everything was explained so simply so I understood, there was no legal jargon."
- "Gladstone Brookes is second to none, they can be trusted implicitly, will get all that's due to you without any hassle at all..."
- "Gladstone Brookes was excellent, I am very satisfied with their services."