Terms & Conditions
Using our Services
- Gladstone Brookes have designed this website with the idea of offering you a source of information. Whilst we endeavour to maintain the site and keep the information held within as up to date as possible, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any mistakes or omissions.
- The content of the website concerns our services and is for general information and guidance only. Specific, individual cases may require a unique approach, as circumstances of and particular situations can and will differ from person to person. We will be happy to discuss the specifics of your situation with you, if and when you instruct us to act on your behalf. You should always consult a legal specialist, before deciding to take, or not to take, legal action.
- By using this website and the information contained within, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions of use. In particular, we will not be liable for any losses, damage (whether direct or indirect and including without limitation, loss suffered as a result of breach of these terms which is not a foreseeable consequence of the breach, lost profits, lost opportunity, goodwill, loss of contracts, increased costs or expenses) arising out of the use or inability to access the information on this website, or as a result of any errors or omissions on the website.
- We do aim to make sure that the website is operational 24hrs a day, but cannot guarantee this, as there are aspects pertaining to the operation of the site, that are out of our hands and if needed, we may suspend access to the website at any time and for any reason and without notice.
- This website does not provide legal advice or make any offers of any sort. By using the site, you agree that you are not relying on the information in the site and its content.
- We cannot accept any liability for any viruses that may be downloaded as a result of using this site, although we do aim to ensure that the website is free from viruses.
- We make no warranties, promises or guarantees, in relation to the content of any sites that are linked to from this website as they are not controlled by Gladstone Brookes and as such, we cannot accept any liability for them.
- All intellectual property rights and copyright in the material on this website belongs to Gladstone Brookes, unless otherwise stated.
FEES – FURTHER EXPLANATIONS
Important Information For You
Gladstone Brookes Ltd (GB) is a Financial Claims Specialist and will handle your complaint about your Lender for the potential mis-selling of your Payment Protection Insurance Policy(s), including any undisclosed commission wherever applicable. Your complaint is being submitted to your lender via our complaint process. If unsuccessful we will (if appropriate) refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service for adjudication. We will not use the Court Service and will not risk costing you any money other than our charges, detailed below.
After this, all you need to do is:
- Provide us with as much information and documentation as you have about your policy
- Tell us if you move house or change contact details
- Tell us if the Lender contacts you directly
- Return to us with any information that we need from you
- Allow us to deduct our fee before forwarding the balance to you
- If payment is sent directly to you by the lender, you will satisfy our fees within 7 days
- Gladstone Brookes will do the rest for you as part of the service.
Before finalising this agreement, it is important that we advise you of your options. You can:
- Not return the forms and leave the Lenders unchallenged. This would mean that all of the money you could have given them for a policy that may have been no use to you, would remain unclaimed.
- Make the complaint yourself. All Lenders & the Financial Ombudsman Service offer a free service for your complaint. However, we would be happy to make the claim on your behalf. With our experience & understanding of reclaiming PPI – it may makes sense to allow us to do it on your behalf.
- Sign & return the forms to us. Let Gladstone Brookes challenge your lender & recover what may be owed to you.
We have been doing this for tens of thousands of clients & are recovering millions of pounds per month for them in relation to mis-sold PPI.
If your PPI is found to have been mis-sold and your lender makes an offer of redress, any PPI attached to the policy will be cancelled and you will no longer have the PPI cover in place.
Our average PPI mis-selling claim can take between 8-16 weeks from the date of the lender’s acknowledgement to a decision being made. Please note that delays to this process may occur if the Lender doesn’t investigate your complaint within the allocated time frame.
Also, if the Lender rejects your claim, your case may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), in which case no time frame can be given.
Gladstone Brookes will take 25% + VAT* (at the prevailing rate) of the total redress offered by your lender. If we do not recover you anything, you don’t pay us! Please note, Gladstone Brookes fees are due on the total amount of PPI redress/commission redress prior to HMRC’s deduction.
*Our fees are subject to Regulatory Change and will be charged at the prevailing maximum rate; however, we will never charge you in excess of 25% +VAT.
Please note that we will ask the Lender to investigate all PPI that you may have purchased. Should these cases be upheld, the charges of 25% + VAT will be payable by you. Some providers will also pay 8% Statutory Interest. Please be advised that this payment is subject to income tax. Please note, Gladstone Brookes fees are due on the total amount of redress prior to HMRC’s deduction.
In some instances, your Lender may decide to re-investigate your complaint. If this results in your claim being upheld, you will still be liable for our fees.
What is a Successful Case
Your claim will be deemed as successful if you are awarded a return of any of the money that you have paid, in respect of the PPI policy, or in respect of any unfairly undisclosed commission involved in the sale of your PPI. This will be awarded to you via a lump sum payment or an amendment of your existing loan term.
The payment method adopted will depend on your circumstances. Please note that should your account be in arrears then there is a possibility that any award will be used to clear these arrears.
How are the Fees Paid
You are responsible for the payment of our fees. These fees should be paid from the amount that you are awarded. If you owe us fees on any complaint that we have pursued on your behalf, we reserve the right to offset any redress you receive against your debt to us, regardless of whether redress relates to another complaint we have pursued for you.
My Loan is Still in Force
If your PPI is found to have been mis-sold and you are still paying the loan; your settlement may come in 2 parts.
You will be refunded all of the premiums you’ve paid into the policy to date, along with the interest that you have incurred and in many cases, a further interest of 8% on this figure.
In addition, the premiums that you will pay during the remainder of your loan will be removed from your loan. Your monthly payments will be reduced accordingly and the term time of the loan may be reduced, thus saving you a substantial amount of money per month.
If this is the settlement that you receive, our fees will be calculated based on the total amount offered, inclusive of cash sum & any reduction of your loan. Please be advised that our fees are calculated pre-HMRC tax deduction, where if you benefit financially from a reduction of an existing debt; Gladstone Brookes will require our fees settling on this matter, along with any compensation recovered.
If it is found that the amount of undisclosed commission involved in the sale of your PPI policy was unfair, you should receive:
A refund of any undisclosed commission above 50% along with the interest that you have incurred on this, and in many cases a further interest of 8% on this figure.
I am claiming on a credit card:
If the credit card we have complained about remains open with an outstanding balance, there is a possibility that your redress will be utilised to reduce your balance. We therefore expect to receive 25% + VAT of the total redress offered by your lender. Please be reminded that you are able to use the Credit Card in question to satisfy our fees.
Failure to Pay Fees
If we recover your money and you don’t pay our fees, we have the authority to validate your application details with a Credit Reference Agency. We also reserve the right to perform a trace search on you if you fail to comply with the terms set out in your agreement to assist in recovering our fees.
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point. If you do so within 14 days of signing this agreement, there will be no charge. After the 14 day cooling off period has lapsed, cancellations may be charged at an hourly rate of £50 per hour for the work completed. Should you wish to cancel, please complete our online cancellation form at https://www.gladstonebrookes.co.uk/terms-conditions/ or contact us for a hard copy of the form. Please note, if you wish to cancel after an offer has been made by your lender, you will be liable for our fees of 25%+VAT of the total redress offered by your lender.
Data ProtectionAll of your data is controlled & processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & will be used to help us pursue your complaint. Your files are kept for 6 years & will be returned to you upon request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for the recovery.
Using companies to process your information outside the EEA
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may run your accounts and provide other services from centres outside the EEA (such as South Africa) that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. If so, we will ensure that your personal information is to be protected to at least UK standards.
All our employees are personally responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality. We provide training and education to all employees to remind them about their obligations. In addition, our policies and procedures are regularly audited and reviewed.
ComplaintsIf you’re at all dissatisfied with the service, please write to our Complaints Manager, 47 Museum Street, Warrington WA1 1LD or call 01925234070. They will respond within 2 days & look to resolve any issues as soon as possible. If you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the The Legal Ombudsman at PO BOX6804, Wolverhampton WV1 9WG.
Customer SatisfactionAt Gladstone Brookes we continually strive to improve the level of service that we provide to our clients. As such, you may receive an invitation to participate in a customer satisfaction survey via Feefo or Survey Monkey.
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point within 14 days of us receiving your signed completed documents. After the 14 day cool off period has lapsed, any cancellations may be subject to an hourly rate being charged at a rate of £50 per hour.
You can request to cancel your agreement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you can download and print off a cancellation form below, or fill out our electronic cancellation form.
Downloadable Cancellation Form
Electronic Cancellation Form
Consumer Factsheet (Payment Protection Insurance)
If you wish for some guidance on using a company to claim back your mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), then please refer to the Claims Management Regulation Consumer Factsheet.